Product Manager - Filmstarts & Moviepilot (m/w/d)
on January 1st, 2021 for our Berlin office
// German min. B2 & English is required for this role - French a big plus!
Webedia operates The Boxoffice Company, our business unit regrouping all activities related to the cinema, streaming and tv industries. With offices all around the world, we develop B2C products - in Germany the brands Filmstarts and Moviepilot, the biggest communities for movies & series with 7M+ UU per month - as well as B2B products around ticketing and business intelligence.
In our Berlin office two steps away from Schlesisches Tor and East Side Gallery, a team of 45 passionate movies & series fans works for the German market in close collaboration with our Paris based team.
- You contribute proactively to the product vision for Filmstarts and Moviepilot, and take over the responsibility of our German roadmap and its application.
- You understand the needs of our different stakeholders: from advertising & monetization team to the editorial teams, from heavy users needs to occasional anonymous users and translate this needs into a successful product.
- You own the daily operations with the Moviepilot development team and make sure Filmstarts (international roadmap & team) is being taken care of as needed.
- You are proactively designing and optimizing our processes.
Your daily work:
- You are leading our SCRUM processes incl. QA, planning and prioritization.
- You translate needs and concepts into tasks for the development team. In this task, you will be assisted by the international product, editorial and development teams.
- You manage our backlog.
- You write user stories and drafts based on user needs and complex technical requirements.
- You are proactively reporting and gathering bugs.
- You are the main interface for localization & adaption needs with international (Filmstarts)
- You love cinema and streaming, movies and series, and you want to share this passion with others!
- You speak proficiently German and English. French is a big plus (interactions with French product, CRM and web development teams).
- You have 2-3 years experience as a product manager or product owner for digital products, preferably in media / publishing.
- You have a good understanding of SEO principles and you know Google Analytics from the technical side (implementation, custom dimensions & conversions, analysis).
- You know how to deal with large bunches of data (excel, pivot tables, etc…)
- You work with structure, pragmatism and a solution-oriented mindset, and you have an eye for details.
- You know how to work in an agile product/dev. environment (a.k.a. SCRUM / KANBAN).
- You have a deep understanding of web technologies and have a strong interest in getting up to date with new trends.
- You know how to communicate with different stakeholders and how to convince others with your solution-oriented arguments.
- The possibility to have a strong influence on the development of Germany’s biggest online brands about movies / series / entertainment topics.
- You will be surrounded by experts and in a challenging position in a dynamic media environment.
- Flat hierarchies, team spirit and own responsibility / accountability are key values to us.
- Perspective to grow in an international context.
You’re interested? Please send us a resume and cover letter + your salary expectations and we’ll get back to you.